Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It is almost time.....

to close this blog.

I feel it.

The parts of this story that I don't mind making public are dwindling to a trickle.  The relief in being able to bear it, to know we have survived a year without him and most likely will another is a strengthening knowing.

I have a few posts I have started but never finished left in the queue.  I think I will tend to them in the next weeks or so and then find a way to consider this place sealed.

A dear friend sent me this reading in honor of the one year mark:

"Easter is a feast, and it is as the feast of freedom that it is celebrated.  For with Easter begins the laughter of the redeemed, the dance of the liberated and the creative play of fantasy.  From time immemorial Easter hymns have celebrated the victory of life by laughing at death, mocking at hell, and ridiculing the mighty ones who spread fear and terror around them.

Easter is the feast of freedom.  It makes the life which it touches a festal life.  'The risen Christ makes life a perpetual feast,' said Athanasius.  But can the whole of life really be a feast?  Even life's dark side - death, guilt, senseless suffering?  I think it can.  Once we realize that the giver of this feast is the outcast suffering, crucified Son of Man, from  Nazareth, then every 'no' is absorbed into this profound 'yes,' and is swallowed up in its victory.

Easter is at one and the same time God's protest against death, and the feast of freedom from death.  Anyone who fails to hold these two things together has failed to understand teh resurrection of the Christ who was crucified.  Resistance is the protest of those who hope, and the hope is the feast of the people who resist. "  Jurgen Moltmann