Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday, Monday

"He has brought us in safety to this new day...." How many times have I written, prayed, or posted that prayer over the last number of years? And yet sometimes it remains the most elusive thought. I suppose that when you are forced to slow down, you have to then face all that internal noise that was hidden before. I have been discovering for some time what a "hand wringer" I really am.

But that little prayer from the BCP has helped me so many times to remember who I am and where I come from. It also helps me see how much I have been given. This is the hardest work- remembering and then living in the peace of that; being able to be present to today and not just my worries.

Cancer wise, the main job is eating. I'm still having A LOT of nausea, but need to be putting some meat back on my bones. Also, just maintaining some good regimens with my medications, supplements, walking around the house, etc. My favorite place is bed, but I can't be staying there. We are scheduled for more chemo on Wednesday.

We were awakened yesterday at 5:00 am to the roar of several motorcycles outside the house. My friends are heading on a ride to Key West, and since I couldn't go, they decided to buzz the house so we could wave them off. Take it easy, boys!

Thank you for all those rich birthday wishes this weekend. I loved them.