Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday with a slight change in plans

We went in yesterday for chemo, but my blood tests sent up a few red flags. It seems that my bilirubin count was pretty high (I was starting to get a little yellow), indicating some blockage of various parts that should not be blocked. This explained why I have had so little energy and can't keep much food down.
Chemo is postponed again, and tomorrow we go have a stent put in to clear all the passageways and get rid of things that should normally be moving on. This is supposed to make me feel a good bit better, and I will welcome that.

Also, today's landmark: I pulled out a nice clump of hair.

Ironically, my daughter Margaret goes in tomorrow at the same time for a procedure to help her with some stomach troubles. My parents are coming to nurse her through.

If all goes well for me, next Wednesday we'll take a double dose of chemo, while looking for a hat.